CASTLEOS FORUM

oscar615

all messages by user

5/11/2017
Topic:
Is Castle OS still actively developed?

Robert Sims
Robert Sims
I look a the website and the pages haven't been updated in years. I look at the forum and there are many, many unanswered questions. Others take forever to get an answer. Changelogs are no longer available. I have been watching and researching HA for a while and now am ready to start buying some hardware. But the compatible devices pages is one that has not been updated in a long time. It really seems as if nothing is happening with this software any more. I really would like to use Castle OS and its voice control. But should I be looking at another HA program?
edited by oscar615 on 5/11/2017
edited by oscar615 on 5/11/2017
1/4/2018
Topic:
Kinect V2/voice control/ and your future direction

Robert Sims
Robert Sims
Does Kinect v2 work yet? I am not able to determine that via the website. I am wanting to purchase a couple of them, but do not want to waste my money. How about gesture control? Has this been enabled? And motion detection etc.

Also since Microsoft is doing away with the Kinect, do you have another route you are heading for voice control? Can you use echo dots or google home?

And most importantly will your new direction still be cloudless or internal to my system? I do not like the idea of Alexa always listening and sending stuff to the cloud...
1/23/2018
Topic:
Kinect V2/voice control/ and your future direction

Robert Sims
Robert Sims
Any thoughts?