LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Getting wemo plugs to work on a new setup Messages in this topic - RSS

Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla

12/3/2016
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla
I am trying to test out the CastleOS because I want something else other then my smart phone to control my wemo plugs. But as of right now I can't seem to find out why they are not being added automatically. The computer is a laptop running windows 10 home. And I have turned off its firewall for the testing. I can ping the plugs from the laptop so I would think it should work.
Also the laptop is on wifi.

if I could get this to work I would buy this software at a drop of a hat.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/3/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Anthony! WeMo plugs should automatically be discovered. Can you check the error log to see if anything is there? You can find it in C:\ProgramData\CastleOS\CastleOS Core Service\Errors.xml. (Note that's the program data folder, not the program files folder. It's hidden so you may have to type it directly into the address bar in Windows Explorer.)

Which WeMo devices are they? Are they on the same WiFi network as your laptop?

Thanks,
Chris
0 link
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla

12/6/2016
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla
I found the error log and it is showing nothing for any kind of error for the wemo :-( The wemos that I have are the wall outlet plugin type ones.

I did try something new with the laptop. Now it is hardwired into the network. But the castleOS is still unable to find the wemo's
The laptop and wemos are all on the same network.
Thank you for the help.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/6/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
OK then I'm guessing the issue is the router is not repeating the UPnP discovery broadcast, so CastleOS can't see the devices yet. Do you know if the router has that disabled or is restricting multicast traffic?
0 link
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla

12/8/2016
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla
my router is a WRT 1900AC and it shows that UPnP is active. Do you know if that router is compatible with castleOS?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/8/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Can you check the router settings to see if any of them mention "multicast"? If so, what do they say?
0 link
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla

12/9/2016
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla
Right now there is one setting in security and that is to filter multicast. And that setting is disabled
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/13/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Anthony, an update to the WeMo issue has been posted here: http://www.castleos.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=972

Thanks,
Chris
edited by ccicchitelli on 12/16/2016
0 link
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla

12/16/2016
Anthony Spalla
Anthony Spalla
I gave up on haveing my wemos to be controlled by a computer. Thanks for trying. (if there is a way to remove my account on here please do)
Thanks!
0 link