LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Kwikset lock not working reliably with CastleOS Messages in this topic - RSS

phzi phzi
phzi phzi

10/16/2016
phzi phzi
phzi phzi
Hey, all;

I had my lock working quite well for a few days with an older version of CastleOS. I am now updated to the latest beta, and struggling to get my Kwikset deadbolt to work reliably. Definitely not a signal problem - only 5ft from the hub - to me this seems to be something with how CastleOS is talking to the lock.

I have un-paired and re-paired as well as factory reset and re-setup the lock multiple times. It will work for a bit sometimes, and then stop working.

Event log (no communication with lock after "Starting CastleOS Core Service..." - not manually restarted, happening automatically sometimes):

[from here, manually locking/unlocking is logged, but lock/unlock commands are not handled by the lock]
11:20:02 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 0
[attempt to unlock - lock blinks like it is accepting a command but does nothing...]
11:19:54 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 100
[attempt to lock - nothing, already locked...]
11:19:41 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 0
[attempt to unlock - lock blinks like it is accepting a command but does nothing...]
11:18:07 Starting CastleOS Core Service...
11:17:13 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been secured by Z-Wave command.
11:17:12 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 0
[attempt to lock with app - works]
11:17:10 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been unsecured by Z-Wave command.
11:17:09 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 100
[attempt to unlock with app - works]
11:15:03 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been unsecured by the key cylinder or inside thumb turn.
11:15:02 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been secured by the key cylinder or inside thumb turn.
11:14:58 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been unsecured by the key cylinder or inside thumb turn.
[unlock/lock/unlock manually - detected]

Any suggestions?
0 link