LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

lightwaverf Messages in this topic - RSS

Ross St
Ross St

9/10/2016
Ross St
Ross St
Ok so very new to castle and finally have it installed and have added my nest protect and philps hue devices to the system but cannot seem to get my lightwaverf devices to work, I've enabled the service and put in the ip address but the devices aren't showing up am I doing something wrong?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/25/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Ross,

Just wanted to let you know that LightwaveRF has released a new local API to the Lightwave bridge. We're changing our driver to implement this new API and will let you know when complete.

Thanks!
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/25/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
An update with improvements for LightwaveRF has been posted. Please let us know how you make out!
0 link
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon

1/26/2017
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
I'd be happy to provide feedback but I don't know how to set up my lightwaveRF devices. I've managed to link it to the LightwaveRF controller and I understand that I have to add each device but the fields in the add device screen are not self-explanatory. How does it know which of my devices I want to control? What are the room and device numbers in the address for? What are the group fields for? I can't see any field that allows me to select the lightwave device, add its name yes, but select the actual device, no.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Maurice, I think the confusion here is that you expect CastleOS to know about your LightwaveRF devices, but unfortunately that is not possible. The current LightwaveRF API allows you to control devices, but not to discover them automatically. So we have no way to automatically create the device for you, hence the need to use the Add Device feature.

The Room and Device numbers would be listed in the LightwaveRF app. Combined, those are the ID of each device. The group(s) are used for grouping devices together however you'd like. For instance, by room, by type, etc.

Thanks,
Chris
0 link
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon

1/27/2017
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
Thanks Chris, that (room and device numbers) was the critical missing piece of information. I'll try to hook it all up tonight and I'll be happy to report back on how I get one.
0 link
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon

1/29/2017
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
Initial feedback on this isn't possible as I am still not able to add a device successfully. My devices have numbers/id way above the 16 that are allowed in the CastleOS add device configuration (I think the max was 16 and one of my devices is 89)! Unfortunately, another day ticks by without having been able to use CastleOS for anything.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/29/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I'll change that to allow higher numbers and post an update today. A prior version of LightwaveRF limited the devices to 16 per room. It appears that restriction has since been lifted. Unfortunately, LightwaveRF told us there was an API update, but failed to mention this change so we were unaware until you mentioned it. However I did just look at the documentation and can confirm the limit is no listed there any longer.

I'll change the drop down list to a numeric text field so you can enter any number you'd like there.
0 link
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon

1/30/2017
Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
excellent. thanks. look forward to it.
0 link