LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Somfy ZRTSI Z-Wave to RTS Messages in this topic - RSS

Scott Goffman
Scott Goffman

8/17/2016
Scott Goffman
Scott Goffman
I don't see it listed in any of the usual spots as supported on unsupported; does CastleOS support the Somfy ZRTSI Z-Wave to RTS converter?

If not, what other Somfy RF control options are supported? (The listed "Z-Wave to Digital Motor Interface" won't work because the Somfy motors will be outside of the house.)

Thanks,

-Scott
0 link
Scott Goffman
Scott Goffman

9/13/2016
Scott Goffman
Scott Goffman
Also, just a couple notes for anyone else who goes down this path:
1) Leave the green "COM" wire disconnected at first, until you've paired the Somfy controller to your motor(s). THEN connect it.
2) Only engine version i1 works; i2/i2CS won't connect. (This may be true of all I/O Lincs, even though they're supposed to be i2CS).
3) The Somfy RF transmitter is surprisingly strong; I was able to put it on a different floor, inside a bookcase, and reception is no problem.
4) You'll see forum complaints about this device chewing through batteries, and ways to "hack" a permanent power solution; ignore those, they now come out of the box with power provided from the I/O Linc to the Somfy controller, so no batteries needed.

-Scott
+1 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

10/8/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
I finally got the Autoview based motorized shades in and tried them out. These are ZWave+ devices. It works!!
I followed the Autoview instructions for replacing a lost remote with a new remote but substituted the AeotecGen5-USB/CastleOS as the new remote.
The motorized shade shows up in CastleOS as a dimmer.
The ON opens the shade, OFF closes the shade.
Dimmer percentage works too. It is the percentage the shade opens.
Occasionally, the battery level shows up as well.

Chris, I did notice one issue. If I set the shade to a certain percentage, or even ON as 100%, afterwards the GUI shows a different percentage.
What appears to be happening is that the shade moves and when it finishes it reports the percentage in hex instead of decimal, and CastleOS displays the hex value in the GUI. For example, if I set the shade to 55% (I see this in the log as updated status to 55%) and ~10sec later I see in the log that it updated status to 37. 37(hex) is 55(decimal). The GUI shows the shade as set to 37%.

Tommy
edited by TommyLong on 10/8/2016
+1 link