LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Unresponsive Insteon - Everything Messages in this topic - RSS

AJ Hall
AJ Hall

3/4/2016
AJ Hall
AJ Hall
I have the USB Powerline modem setup and working. With the houselinc or OpenHab software, it responds instantly with my lights. CastleOs find the modem, located at COM4, Insteon is enabled, but the lights don't respond to requests. Some do eventually respond, but it takes a few minutes. My Insteon PLM Log is empty, Attached is the Errors.xml for reference.

Any ideas?

Attachments:
Errors.xml
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

3/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Have you shut down the other software? The PLM can only accept one connection at a time, so if something else is running, it will block CastleOS from using the PLM.
0 link
AJ Hall
AJ Hall

3/4/2016
AJ Hall
AJ Hall
Yes, everything else is shut off.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

3/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
What version of CastleOS are you using?
0 link
AJ Hall
AJ Hall

3/4/2016
AJ Hall
AJ Hall
Wow, changed settings from i2CS to i2 and it worked! I'll keep playing and report back.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

3/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Oh ok, good to hear! Sometimes the auto detection of engine version is misreported by the INSTEON device, so that switch has to be manually made...
0 link
AJ Hall
AJ Hall

3/4/2016
AJ Hall
AJ Hall
I have a few more devices to test, and then add the Kinect. If my wife likes what this does, I'll be onboard. For Z-Wave, the Aeon Labs Gen 5 stick supports the secure command class for Yale / Kwikset locks, right? If so, i'll be getting that as well.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

3/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Correct, and we recommend the Yale, pretty solid...
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
I'm having a simular problem, only with the LampLinks. If I issue a direct command twice EX:http://192.168.0.27:25105/3?02622E6E140F1100=I=3 (pause 2 seconds) http://192.168.0.27:25105/3?02622E6E140F1100=I=3. Then the lamp will respond. Can I program CastleOS to do the same thing?
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Sorry, I'm using an Insteon HUB on a "standalone" system that only runs CastleOS and ContaCam (web cam software.)
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Try editing the device that isn't responding in CastleOS and change it's engine version from i2CS to i2 (or vice versa). See if it responds normally after that.
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Go figure that worked! Thanks! Can I "teach" CastleOS to control a (generic) device like RoboBuddy. It has a "built in" web interface and accepts commands in a similar fashion to Insteon?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Yes, create a virtual device. Go to Add Device, select Virtual, and you'll have options to enter URLs to be called when on, off, and dim is commanded.
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Cool. Last question and I'll stop bugging you. LOL I'd like to have a android tablet by the front door. If the system is set to away, when the front door opens, the front room light turns on and the tablet shows a numeric pad and prompts for a numeric code. if the code is correct (one for 4 codes for different people) then the system status changes to Home and everything functions as it should. If a code is entered after 3 re-tries or a specific numeric code is entered then a text message or email is sent to alert that someone is in the home that shouldn't be. also if 2 minutes expres without a numeric code being entered then text message or email is sent?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Right now this would require you to code up some stuff yourself. However, we'll have a keypad entry widget relatively soon, it's in active development now.
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Sorry, I'm not the first to suggest it, then? Darn.
0 link