LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Remote Viewing on android phone Messages in this topic - RSS

egan woseley
egan woseley

8/13/2015
egan woseley
egan woseley
Hi Chris when ever I try to access castleos remotely on my android phone I get this message," we do not recognize the platform you are using.You can choose the appropriate link to download the software" this never happen before I updated to windows10, I forward all the right ports in my router,this only happen if I am off of my network and when I am using my android phone outside of my network
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

8/16/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey Egan, can you grab a screenshot of this? That's not a message CastleOS generates, so I don't think it's coming from us...
0 link
videobear
videobear

12/15/2015
videobear
videobear
I can't connect remotely either, but my error message is different. "CastleOS is unable to automatically detect the Core Service running on a local computer..."
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/15/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
videobear wrote:
I can't connect remotely either, but my error message is different. "CastleOS is unable to automatically detect the Core Service running on a local computer..."

This with the Android app? Are you able to connect from elsewhere?
0 link
videobear
videobear

12/16/2015
videobear
videobear
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
videobear wrote:

This with the Android app? Are you able to connect from elsewhere?

Yes, this is with the Android app. I can connect when I am at home and connected to my home network.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/16/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Sounds like your router may not be configured for remote access. Have you gotten that up and running outside of the Android app?
0 link
videobear
videobear

2/3/2016
videobear
videobear
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Sounds like your router may not be configured for remote access. Have you gotten that up and running outside of the Android app?

Hi Chris. Apparently not. Is there somewhere I can go to read up on how to do this? When I look at my router remote access settings, the first thing I see is a warning, "With Remote Administration enabled, your network will be at risk from outside attacks." That's scary. Then it gives the option for allowing remote administration via either the primary or secondary HTTPS ports.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Yup, definitely don't enable that smile I didn't mean to configure your router for remote access of it, but rather to allow remote access of CastleOS through the router, via port forwarding and DHCP reservations. Sorry, I should have been more clear about that.
0 link