CASTLEOS FORUM

tony2sugars

all messages by user

8/11/2014
Topic:
NAS drives

tony john
tony john
Hi there, don't know if this subject has been covered yet, is it possible for your software to connect via voice command to control a NAS drive (mine being a qnap TS269L) also with the new kinect for xbox 1, are there any issues or is it better to purchase the newer version?
Thanx in advance
Tony
8/14/2014
Topic:
NAS drives

tony john
tony john
Thanx Chris..wanted to play music,video and show pictures and movies. It's got XBMC on it so I expect it would be programmed thru that?
Looked into the kinect 2 for windows and already out for £150.
Another question is that of your own PC, is it compatible with uk power source 240v and because most pc's of that size overheat, would it get rather hot if in a cabinet?
I'm remodelling my living room (refurbishing) so looking to install insteon lighting and power source (points/plugs), so as much information I can get the better!
1. Connecting lights/lamps
2. Changing channels/volume on tv (which new tv would be best e.g samsung?)
3. Connecting my NAS for all my media.
4. With regards the lights I have a 3x switch, either end of room and set of wall lights.

Regards Tony
P.s your system is the best I have found in a 6 month search!
8/17/2014
Topic:
Few questions before I buy!

tony john
tony john
Hi Chris et all, just a few questions before I buy this system..
1. The mini PC .. Does it come with 240v plug (uk)
2. If it's used 24/7 how hot will the unit get especially if in a cabinet?
3. Will it work with the new kinect 2 for windows (would want latest kinect)
4. Because I'll be using all insteon devices would I need an insteon hub or
Can they be controlled straight by using castle os?

I know it's a few questions, but before I invest my money into this system
I need to know that I have everything covered and a ballpark figure in mind.

Eagerly awaiting anyone's reply :0)
Regards Tony2sugars
8/17/2014
Topic:
Few questions before I buy!

tony john
tony john
Thanx for getting back so soon, yes that answered all my questions.

Regards Tony2sugars
8/27/2014
Topic:
Smart tv

tony john
tony john
Hi Chris, would you be able to recommend a good smart tv to go along with your os?
Regards Tony2sugars
9/18/2014
Topic:
Insteon hub connection

tony john
tony john
Hi Chris, having problems with insteon hub connection, I D is ok but the address is not working, tried putting in the ":" after every 2 numbers or letters e.g 00:F1Big GrinB And so on.. And even put 00.F1.DB but keeps on saying it doesn't recognize it and gives me examples of how to type an address in... I'm lost, please help!
Regards tony2sugars
9/19/2014
Topic:
Insteon hub connection

tony john
tony john
Still confused... I have a gateway ip, I have a public ip, I have a local ip, I have a hub Mac, which one Chris, please excuse my lay mans question 😳
9/20/2014
Topic:
Can't log in

tony john
tony john
Hi Chris, have downloaded the core program, but it won't leave me log on? Putting right user name in and password, and have reinstalled it as well.
Getting a bit frustrated with it all now to be honest! Whaaaaa?
9/20/2014
Topic:
Can't log in

tony john
tony john
Eventually logged in...but can't find my insteon hub address anywhere? That's all is on the app is hub I.d, gateway ip, public ip, port, hub Mac. Local ip.??
9/21/2014
Topic:
Can't log in

tony john
tony john
Can't get as far as admin and password, unable to find insteon hub IP address. Got only local and general IP which start with 192.168....
9/21/2014
Topic:
Can't log in

tony john
tony john
Ok, after so many attempts and I have to say, it's not easy to install, finally logged on only to find another brick wall!
Next problem I have encountered is the master light, it doesn't ask for it and can't find it anywhere on the system.
Can I give you some advice Chris? It would be very helpful and appreciated by many if you would do some basic you tube videos on how to set up the software, I'm sure not everyone on here is an expert and it's so complicated to get started for us laymen.
Regards and thanx for replying to my many questions.
Tony
9/22/2014
Topic:
Can't log in

tony john
tony john
Thanx Brian, I have already downloaded the kinect configurator, I will open it back up and have another go when I get home from work later. Can't wait to get this system up and running!
Tony
9/22/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Ok I've asked so many questions and Chris and Brian have been very helpful, like the hands on approach!
Decided to continue writting my questions in a blog post (humour😎) ...
Day 3... Finally logged on
Day 4... The master switch/light, can't find it in the system, Brian assures me its in kinect configuration, so decided to have ago after work, then Thot give it ago before!
So I did, filled out the information on the kinect configurator and saved...
Went back into castle os, nothing!!!
Next question is, should anyone 😉 (Brian,Chris) want to answer..what happens next to get up and running?
9/22/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Day 4 pm. Reply to Chris, yes have added lounge lights to castle os, so where do I go from there?
Thanx Tony2sugars
9/22/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Day 5.. Still not working, downloaded everything that's been asked, set up devices, entered all details and...nothing!
Wishing there was video tutorials on how to get started... Need help now... Even my dog is wondering why I'm saying "computer" all the time!
9/23/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Day 5...pm, not had reply or help today, think I've been very very patient, my dog now thinks his name is 'computer' because after every tweek and info I hav to set up, I say "computer...switch on lounge lights"... Poor Hobson finks I've changed his name and is looking at me with a confused face, the same kinda face I'm making at this software!
HELP....PRETTY PLEASE
9/24/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Day 6..am...
No help or replies yesterday, hope today will be the day castleos will go live!
Perhaps Chris is in the middle of making videos on how to install and configure, gotta say I am a bit of a dreamer!
Off to work soon, can't wait to come home to "you've got mail" and the answers I've been looking for.
9/24/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Day 6..pm thanx for the questions and info Brian...
1. Can't turn lounge lights on from the core.
2. Yes castle os is on same PC (nuc) that the kinect is connected to by usb (separate power which is on).
3. No flashing green light but a red one when turned on.
4. The kinect is 4 windows not Xbox 360
5. All relevant drivers downloaded.
6. Will restart kinect config tomorrow when home from work.
I guess it's watch this space!

Thanx as always for your help, your 1 in a million.
Perhaps Chris could pay you or give you special discounts to put a few video tutorials up?
Seems like you know what your doing!
Regards Tony2sugars
9/24/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Day 6..pm...
Happy Chris replied, and the info he's given will be put into action tomorrow! So glad videos and pictorials will be available soon.
Brian..I hav 2 dimmers and 2 on/off and 1 lamp at the moment. They all work from my iPad at the moment.
Sorted out the drop down menus, just got my 1 lounge light on castleos at the moment, as soon as I get that to work then the others will follow and when happy with that and multimedia via my qnap NAS then will gladly purchase full licence.
Regards all
Tony2sugars
9/25/2014
Topic:
Installation blog

tony john
tony john
Day 7..pm..
Not a happy chappy..done everything Chris has suggested...still nothing! I know you are concerned Chris that I am having trouble, but please answer in more laymans terms. I know it's your baby but please try and convey to people who have not got the same background in software skills has you (E.g PLM? Logs?) need simpler terms and a more step by step (guide 4 idiots). Thought to be honest that this would be up and running by now after 7 days. I have done all the hard work in installing insteon devices that were pretty easy to install after a few guidelines from a electrician and forums, but getting castle os online is a bit of a nightmare at the moment to be honest. Maybe it's just me hopefully and I hope no one else is as stupid as I am, but I'm trying my best to install this as the concept of a working home speech automation is driving me to continue. Please don't give up on me!