CASTLEOS FORUM

dtyner1

all messages by user

4/24/2014
Topic:
Home theater

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
I have searched to the ends of the earth to find a system that can help me use my 1800+ dvd collection in a home automation system. What directions is CastleOS going and how soon do you plan to release?
4/28/2014
Topic:
Home theater

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Since I invested so much in the Sony Mega Changers (5) I would like to use these and not spend the time or money to rip dvds. Still looking. Thinking about using an AV receiver lik Yamaha or Sony to control the devices, but was hoping to have something in the way of an integration with CastleOS. Thanks
4/29/2014
Topic:
Home theater

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Just found out that Sony AV switcher DA5800ES has partnered with Control4 to give control over these devices. Downside is the price tag of $2100+ and having to have a contractor install Control4 for the home automation. Chris, I am hoping that your Media Browser will somehow allow me to control an AV switcher (preferably the Yamaha version) and not have to spend hours ripping. Keeping my fingers crossed.
edited by dtyner1 on 4/29/2014
5/3/2014
Topic:
Home theater

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Thanks Chris and The team. Looking forward to getting my shopping list organized so I only buy what's necessary and only once. I estimate that if I rip my DVDs it would take up to 16tb, 8 hrs per day and only 6 months to do. So I am hoping Media Browser and Yamaha can help me find a way to use what I have.
edited by dtyner1 on 5/3/2014
5/7/2014
Topic:
Home theater

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Can anyone give me an idea of the cost for Media
Browser 3? I've looked at their web site and don't see it jump out at me. Are there other fees associated with it?
6/5/2015
Topic:
Home theater

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
I finally gave in to ripping my collection to a series of four 1TB external drives and am looking forward to what improvements will be on the HUB to allow me to access. Chris, will I be able to daisy-chain my four drives to a single USB port on the hub? They are individually capable. Any other tricks of the trade would be appreciated.
8/16/2015
Topic:
Home theater

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Thanks to all that have replied. I am looking forward to getting my HUB ? Is there a new release date since the July date has long expired. When can I get my hands on my HUB so I can begin building my HA....?
10/29/2015
Topic:
CastleHUB Updates - July 29th

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
WHEN WILL I GET MY PREORDERED CASTLE HUB? IT SAYS PREORDERS WILL SHIP IN OCTOBER. THAT IS ONLY ONE DAY AWAY????
10/31/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
What is my order number? I didn't receive anything until now hopefully it will definitely ship to me on Monday as you say.

Don Tyner wrote:
WHEN WILL I GET MY PREORDERED CASTLE HUB? IT SAYS PREORDERS WILL SHIP IN OCTOBER. THAT IS ONLY ONE DAY AWAY????
11/2/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
I was told that I would receive a tracking number over the past weekend but have not received anything yet. Also told it would ship today (Monday 11-2) Did that happen? You have my personal email or you can send me a message on this web site. How do I get information?
11/2/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Sorry to be dense but what does DM'd mean? Just anxious to get started.
11/2/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Got it .. Thanks. Looking forward to it's arrival
11/4/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Got my Hub in record time. Shipped late on Monday and received it Wed afternoon. Thanks Now all I have to do is figure out how to get it going.
11/9/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
downloaded the trial version last night finally got the menu to accept my settings, but tonight I can not open Castle OS downloaded program... I turned on my HUB but it does not show up anywhere. There must be a simple 1, 2, 3. The material sent with the HUB is not very helpful or I am very dense....
11/9/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
Don Tyner wrote:
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Don Tyner wrote:
downloaded the trial version last night finally got the menu to accept my settings, but tonight I can not open Castle OS downloaded program... I turned on my HUB but it does not show up anywhere. There must be a simple 1, 2, 3. The material sent with the HUB is not very helpful or I am very dense....

Hi Don, what are you doing in the hub that requires you to log into the system? CastleOS is designed around the app, when you access the Windows installation underneath CastleOS on the hub, it should only be to fix something, to install a media server, or because you are an expert and are hacking smile

I'm also confused why you're downloading the Core Service when you also have the CastleHUB...where are you trying to install it?
L found out that I do need a monitor and have my hub set up with no problem. It does however say there is an update available... How do I download the update? I'll get the hang of it before long, sorry for such basic questions.
Thanks,
Chris
11/10/2015
Topic:

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
This is great stuff. Can't wait to get going. Very happy with the product.
1/16/2016
Topic:
Lost Hub Log On Password

Don Tyner
Don Tyner
How do I go about resetting or recovering a lost Password for my HUB? I travel a lot and have misplaced my log on ID and password. I wasn't able to really get familiar with the HUB before I left. Now the HUB displays a completely different log on window that shows "Castle OS" and the password box. Also, I keep hearing about a license code.. Do I need one for my HUB? If so I have not received one. Please reply by private message or post here in case there are others out there in the same boat. Thanks Chris.