CASTLEOS FORUM

c_p_morris

all messages by user

2/14/2014
Topic:
Sonos & Announcements

Casey Morris
Casey Morris
Hi, just wandering if you have a release date for Sonos support. I'm wanting to upgrade my insteon system to voice control but sonos is the most practical solution combined with castle.

Thanks
2/17/2016
Topic:
cant add smartlinc modem

Casey Morris
Casey Morris
finally booted up my kickstarter hub and I'm having trouble getting it to connect to my smartlinc. IP address is good I can connect to smartlinc direct but no luck with hub. Also is there a way to update the software without hooking up a monitor and keyboard?? it tells me there are updates available. Thanks
2/17/2016
Topic:
cant add smartlinc modem

Casey Morris
Casey Morris
No other software talking to thane smart flinch but maybe the software upgrades will help out. Also there's a glitch that won't let you type in username and password on iOS on my hub. Tried 3 different browsers on iPhone and iPad. Might have been taken care of in the software update as well. I'll check on things tomorrow and see what I can get going. Pretty slick package tho for the hub. Hope to get s hard drive in there soon.
2/20/2016
Topic:
cant add smartlinc modem

Casey Morris
Casey Morris
All the initial glitches were resolved with the upgrade. I've tried the smartlinc and the serial plm with mixed results. My Isy used the serial and I disconnected it when I tried it. Right now I've gotten some switch links to work with status but the connection seems iffy at best. Can't get my insteon thermostat to sync up either, shows zeros for everything. I disconnect my Isy when working with castle is but when I quit configuring they seem to play nice together. Ally thermostat syncs fine with the smartlinc app and I've cross linked both ways with CastleOS software....
2/21/2016
Topic:
cant add smartlinc modem

Casey Morris
Casey Morris
Appreciate the idea but I'm not convinced/ready to cut loose my Isy yet. Overall it's pretty rock solid and the remote capabilities/I watch integration will keep me using it for now. Since I have two different plms each systems functions correctly. The lack of a native castle is app make ls it a much slower interface to deal with but I've gotten maybe 10-15 of my 60 insteon devices added. So far just my thermostat and fan line won't work correctly on CastleOS. I'm surprised no one else has had these issues yet but maybe Chris has some ideas to resolve it. I mainly got the hub to integrate z-wave devices that aren't offered in insteon and sonos music player which Castle is still
Working on. Now that mobilinc supports the Echo for voice control I'm not sure castle can compete cost or installation wise. Having to home run USB from a Kinect in each room is highly impractical for most users. Maybe the Echo will
Become supported on castle and then I'd be ready to abandon the ISY. Right now the two aren't quite on the same level.