LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

mastermog

all messages by user

7/9/2013
Topic:
What is the best Insteon Interface to use ?

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I would like to try the CastleOS software and was just wondering what was the best Insteon interface to use with the application, USB or Serial PLM, or Insteon Hub?

Thanks
7/9/2013
Topic:
Multiple microphones

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
So when will the version of CastleOS that supports multiple Kinects be available?
7/10/2013
Topic:
What hardware does your Energy Mgt feature Support

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Your feature descriptions on your site indicate that you have integrated energy management into the CastleOS application but it does not state how this is done. Do you just support the Insteon iMeter Solo or are other energy monitors like Brutech, TED, and/or CurrentCost Envi also supported? If not, do you plan to support other energy monitor hardware in the future?
edited by mastermog on 7/10/2013
7/10/2013
Topic:
Protocol & Device Support Suggestions

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Support for Security systems like DSC or ELK.

Almost all of the Home Automation software available on the market has some way to interface to home security systems whether the feature/capability is integrated, by plug-in or virtual device doesn't matter, but having the ability to do it one way or another does.

Thanks
Mack
7/13/2013
Topic:
Subject: Can't add devices to an event

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I just loaded the CastleOS software using a new 2413U PLM I just received. I then added a couple appliancelincs just to test the software. When I try to add a new event and the select both or just one of the appliancelincs to attempt adding them to the event it just goes back to the first screen and doesn't add the event. Also, the device status doesn't update right when I turn on/off the appliancelincs via the device screen.

Thanks
Mack
edited by mastermog on 7/13/2013
7/15/2013
Topic:

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Turns out it was a browser problem. For some reason it works with Mozilla Firefox but not IE.
edited by mastermog on 7/15/2013
7/17/2013
Topic:

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I'm using IE version 10.0.9200
7/17/2013
Topic:
How To Setup the Core Service

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
any idea on which whole house audio systems you plan to support in future releases?
9/7/2013
Topic:
Support for SimpleHomeNet Insteon Devices

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Any plans to add support for the SimpleHomeNet Insteon devices such as the EZFlora, EZX10RF and EZIO2X4?
10/4/2013
Topic:
Your testing of Ethernet to USB Extenders

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I thought that I read somewhere on this forum you were testing Ethernet to USB extenders. Can you tell me which Ethernet to USB Devices you were testing and how successful the test were?

Thanks
2/21/2014
Topic:
Subject: Can't get automatic or manual linking

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I was using a USB PLM that I borrowed to try the CastleOS software out and since then have acquired an insteon hub. I resinstalled the software using the insteon hub id & ip address. I have since then just been trying to add an insteon on/off module to the hub. The device was added to CastleOS but the automatic link to hub failed. When I put the on/off module in link mode and press the link button under Settings nothing happens and if I do it in reverse order it still doesn't work.

1. How do I verify the Castleos is talking to the Insteon Hub - when I hit the link button the hub light doesn't blink or change. The Castleos log just shows cmd fails or resends...
2. How do I manually link devices to the Insteon Hub? I'm beginning to think I should have just got a USB PLM which I know works.

Thanks
2/21/2014
Topic:
Subject: Can't get automatic or manual linking

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
After reconsidering the hub versus plm, I decided to purchase the plm from my friend as it is the fastest route to getting me going again.

Thanks
Mack
2/21/2014
Topic:
Subject: Question about how Scenes work?

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I know with the ISY99x device scenes can be used to cross-link devices and create virtual 3-way and 4-way configurations. When you configure a scene in CastleOS is that basically for controlling lighting moods and requires CastleOS to be running to use them or do they update link tables on the devices as well?

Thanks
2/21/2014
Topic:
Smartenit (formely SimpleHomeNet ) Device Support

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I notice you folks carry the Smartenit Sprinkler device in your store so was wondering when support will be available for it and other devices sold by Smartenit?

Thanks
2/21/2014
Topic:

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
So does that mean you can assign more than 1 slave to a master to simulate a virtual 4-way?
2/22/2014
Topic:

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Good point, regarding difference between scene & master/slave. Thanks for quality and timely response.
2/22/2014
Topic:
Can't seem to get the Kinect Service working

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
I'm running a Windows 8.1 desktop with both the Core and Kinect services installed. If I run the Kinect Configurator in basic mode I get the dialog indicating that it was saved successfully but voice is not working. If I select advanced mode I get an error mode indicating that "CastleOSKinectService Configurator has stopped working" and the program closes. Kinect for Windows shows up under device manager so the unit is attached and version 1.8 of the Kinect runtimes have been installed successfully. I have already tried uninstalling the Kinect Service and reinstalling it a couple of times but that did not resolve the issue. I'm at a lost to what to try next in order to get this issue resolved.
2/22/2014
Topic:

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Chris you were correct about the voice drivers and that did resolve my problem with selecting the 'advance" option. However, the voice recognition is still not working and the following two errors show up in the event log:
+ System
- Provider
[ Name] .NET Runtime
- EventID 1026
[ Qualifiers] 0
Level 2
Task 0
Keywords 0x80000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-02-23T03:28:10.000000000Z
EventRecordID 42528
Channel Application
Computer CastleOS
Security
- EventData
Application: CastleOSKinectService.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException Stack: at Microsoft.Kinect.NativeMethods.NuiGetSpeakerDevices(Microsoft.Kinect.SpeakerDevice[], Int32, Int32 ByRef) at Microsoft.Kinect.DmoAudioWrapper.GetSpeakerDevices(Microsoft.Kinect.SpeakerDevice[], Int32 ByRef) at Microsoft.Kinect.KinectAudioSource.GetDefaultSpeakerIndex() at Microsoft.Kinect.KinectAudioSource..ctor(Microsoft.Kinect.KinectSensor, Microsoft.Kinect.INativeAudioWrapper) at Microsoft.Kinect.KinectSensor.get_AudioSource() at s.a(Int32) at s.j() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

- System
- Provider
[ Name] Application Error
- EventID 1000
[ Qualifiers] 0
Level 2
Task 100
Keywords 0x80000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-02-23T03:28:10.000000000Z
EventRecordID 42529
Channel Application
Computer CastleOS
Security
- EventData
CastleOSKinectService.exe
52afcccf
KERNELBASE.dll
523d4548
e0434352
00012eec
dd4
01cf304745d6ad6f
C:\Program Files (x86)\CastleOS\CastleOS Kinect Service\CastleOSKinectService.exe
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
84b116b2-9c3a-11e3-9c24-000df0b606eb
edited by mastermog on 2/22/2014
2/23/2014
Topic:

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
That one is saying your speaker drivers are not installed. Do you have any audio devices installed? Speakers work?

Yes, I have audio drivers installed and my speakers work fine. Any chance that I need to install the SDK like Michael done?
2/23/2014
Topic:

Mack McDowell
Mack McDowell
Unfortunately, loading the Kinect for Windows SDK did not resolve my problem. I even tried uninstalling the runtime &SDK and downloading the version 1.7 from your website and still have the same issue. I still get the same two errors in the Event Viewer listed in my previous reply.