CASTLEOS FORUM

Dasler

all messages by user

4/20/2017
Topic:
Can castle do scenes like this

Dasler
Dasler
Hi, I am super interested in CastleOS as I like that it could use kinect for voice control.

I was just wondering could it do scenes likes theses

-If the garage door is open past a specific time it would sound a small alert, push, text, voice etc - bottom line alert me.

-If the temperature outside is warmer than the temperature inside and the AC heater is on, alert me and ask if I want to change the setting to Cold. vice versa.

-When someone is at the front door alert me send a text message with an attached picture of the person at the door with a link to turn on or off the light and to lock or unlock the door.

-Turn light on after I enter the house but only if is dark, not every time you open the door.

also, can it know there have been no movement inside the house using the motion sensor then it automatically know I am arriving, turning the inside light after the front door is opened, without waiting for the motion sensor to pick up movement inside the house.

- and after I am in the house let say I would head back to the car really quick to pick something, to turn the outside light after the main door open as it now know I am heading out because of the motion sensor acknowledge of movement inside the house prior to me opening the front door and is dark. light on for a specific time.

-Option to have the system talk after a door is open, with the name of the door, or after a light turn on, motion sensor trigger, using a SONOS speaker or similar.

Thanks.
4/25/2017
Topic:
Can castle do scenes like this

Dasler
Dasler
Wow, great. Chris I send you a PM with follow up question.
Thanks
5/6/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
Question:
I read a post about some mini PC not being able to handle a kinect.
Can you refresh my memory I cant find it, or maybe it was regarding the Raspberry Pi3.
Would this be fine:
Minix Neo z83-4
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M24W77N/ref=psdc_13896591011_t1_B01KY0Y26I

With a Insteon module and a kinect.

Also I am kind of confused what kinect does Castle support for windows or x box, V1,V2.

Thanks.
5/10/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
thanks,
Another question.
Is castle currently supporting the Isy 994 controller, controlling the Insteon devices with the PLM.
And how does the Hue connect to castle, using the HUE bridge? or something else.

Thanks.
5/10/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
also any update on IP cameras.
would it support the this type
https://www.lorextechnology.com/articles/self-serve/color-night-vision-security-cameras/R-sc16000084
if yes, do castle connect to the NVR to be a 1 stop shop so I don't have to navigate multiple app to see live, or recorded events.
5/13/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
Another question
does it make a difference if the PLM is serial or USB?
or that is more depending if the PC can support serial
ty.
5/14/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
that good to know. thanks.
Another question, I send you a PM not sure if you got it.
I asked if voxcommando could integrate with castleos
there are 2 good demos on youtube of that program I will link them later.
it seem is more like a conversation than a direct command type of program.
not sure if you have seen them.
ty.
5/15/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
ty, reason I asked was because of this 2 videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewCRJZKFW34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HuARWX2Wl4
they seem like you are talking to a real robot.
going back to the Kinect,
what adapter would I need.
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Kinect-Adapter-One-Windows-10/dp/B01GVE4YB4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494820899&sr=8-3&keywords=kinect+adapter
or
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Adapter-Supply-Cord-Cable-Kinect/dp/B01M0T5NJD/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494820899&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=kinect+adapter&psc=1
thanks.
5/15/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
nice to know,
I should have asked this earlier.
would you say the kinects are about the same as far as voice recognition?
version 1 vs version 2.

That way I know the one to get.

ty.
5/16/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
ty.
V2 is it then

Chris another question,
Instean of starting a new topic I ask here.
Are the new hue motion sensor also supported?
edited by Dasler on 5/16/2017
edited by Dasler on 5/16/2017
5/18/2017
Topic:
Mini PC

Dasler
Dasler
Are the hue motion sensor supported?

If yes, which one you think would be better to integrate with the hue bulbs
Insteon motion sensor or hue sensor.

Ty.
5/28/2017
Topic:
Denon heos support?

Dasler
Dasler
Quick question,

Is the Heos speaker system supported?

Ty.
7/11/2017
Topic:
Event to turn Off lights

Dasler
Dasler
Hi, I am trying to setup 1 recurring event to turn off the lights.
As you probably know the zigbee smartlights (Hue,Osram) come back On after a power outage.

I just want to prevent a waste of money/energy in the event that happen while I am away.

This is what I tried.

Event type - Schedule
Schedule type - recurring
Start date - Tuesday Jul 11 2017
End date Thursday Jul 13 2017
Occurs At 730 PM
Recurs every - 1 minute
Next schedule run time - 7/12/2017 @ 7:13pm - dont know why it default to the next day, if I selected every 1 minute.
Last run time 1/1/0001 1200am
Actions
Hue devices - hue color 2, Off
Voice announcement to all speakers
Conditions - none

that was just a test I will change the start time and end time.

would something like this be possible?
basically what I want is castleos to make sure the lights are off during the time that I would normally have them off, during the daytime and past 1040pm.

thanks.
7/15/2017
Topic:
Event to turn Off lights

Dasler
Dasler
Anyone had tried this.
7/16/2017
Topic:
Event to turn Off lights

Dasler
Dasler
update:
event type: device triggered

last run time: 1/1/001 1200am
event trigger: hue color lamp 2 turns on
actions:hue devices- hue color lam 2 turn, Off
voice announcement to all speakers
conditions: and time is between 11:00pm and 11:59pm
and time is between 12:00am and 8:00pm
--
I did not get the voice announcement so I suppose castle os knows the light is not turning Off.

I turned the light on and I see that the Icon appears on the Device tap in caslte os, after a few seconds the icon disappears telling me that the light is Off, but the light is still On. sometimes after a few more second the icon appears back in the devices tap in castle os telling me the light is on.
For some reason is not turning the light Off, and I event lost the connection to the light if I try to turn it off from homekit. after a while I regain connection to the bulb.

also it seem almost impossible to connect to the castleos service using the iPhone, I was only able to see the log in screen 1 time and after I tried to log in, it went back to the white screen safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.
I been trying to log in for about 10min the loading bar move super slow and then it stop.
7/16/2017
Topic:
Event to turn Off lights

Dasler
Dasler
that explain, I removed the one from 11 to midnight and now is turning the light Off almost instantly. super!
so would I have to create a second one but this time from 11pm to 1159pm?

also how do I setup castle os to come back on after a power outage.
the computer is already setup this way but castle os don't auto launch.
windows 10.

I use this same topic to ask:
1. how do I change the tts announcement, I would like it to say the name of the device, on off, custom text.
2. is there anyway to know if the system hear you, like Yes sir... etc.

ty.
7/16/2017
Topic:
Event to turn Off lights

Dasler
Dasler
after I added the '' or '' time condition it seem that now is not turning the light off anymore. I added it to the same event.
or it have to be a completely new event?

I looked at the setting and it show automatically, question so it don't have to be actively open in the Internet Explorer windows for it to work?
because when I hard restart the computer the Internet explorer don't auto open.

I was able to change the tts.

Thanks.
7/18/2017
Topic:
Event to turn Off lights

Dasler
Dasler
[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/15evmv4.jpg[/IMG]
I removed the 2nd condition of '' or '' with 1100pm to 1159pm as it was not working.

just now I was testing it and is not turning the light off, only if I try to turn the light On from castle os then it recognize the event and turn it off immediately.
but if I turn the light on from the wall, homekit or hue app is not working like before.

I have another question I cannot find how to add light to a group.
under edit it dont give me the choice to add them.

Regarding the user interface (UI) in the web browser, this doesn't need to be open for CastleOS to run. That is just the front end, CastleOS' backend starts when the computer starts and runs in the background.

thanks for that, I was wondering why it was not opening in internet explorer, but like you say is running in the background I saw it in task manager.