CASTLEOS FORUM

Tabcab1329

all messages by user

8/8/2017
Topic:
stil cant get events to work

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
files swnt again, please give me a time and I will be ready. Available all day.

Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Hi Tim, please send in your files and let's schedule another remote troubleshoot!!
8/9/2017
Topic:

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
Anytime after 2pm is good. lets shoot for 230.
8/9/2017
Topic:

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
I am home early. When ever you want for the remainder of the day is good!
8/18/2017
Topic:
Out of Memory on flash with windows 10 updates

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
I want to ensure I get the correct upgrade to install on the hub.
In the machine is a Foresee 32 GB Model: B100M032G FW-M1001C
I am presuming that any Kingston or similar quality m SATA Flash SSD will do.
Is this correct?
Any suggestions or requirements that I am missing?
Thanks as always....
and I am looking forward to the new release!
8/25/2017
Topic:
dumped almost everything this morning~

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
I woke up this morning and noticed that the door locks were unlocked, the ceiling fan was off even though it was hot etc...
I checked CastleOS.
It dumped my key and said my trial was over!
It dumped ALL of my insteon switches, ALL of my locks and most of my lighify lights.
Fortunately I have an insteon and lightify hub that after reloading my key into Castle, reloaded my subscription.
The fun part is that AGAIN>>>> my events are not working!
I reloaded the PLM on insteon and enabled lightify again. The locks I have nearly given up on. I posted another request for info under Castle HUB about memory days ago as well.
Thank you!
8/28/2017
Topic:
dumped almost everything this morning~

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
It is not locating all of my lightify lights so I guess I will need to uninstall and reinstall them.
The Hub has always indicated that one of them is on even though it never is. This occurs on the portal under active devices.
I restarted and had to reconnect the PLM for intseon and yes they work now. This was 2 days ago. To be honest I forgot to update this thread, my apologies!
I have totally given up on controlling my zwave door locks with the hub. I have uninstalled and reinstalled these locks 10-11 times. SOmetimes they work and sometimes they dont. I have changed batteries etc... I have left the working parts of the locks next to the hub to ensure it wasnt a distance thing. I have reset the Aeon 5th gen stick too.
My events are working but not registering date and time of last run.
Also I only have 1 gb left and over a week ago under "HUB" forum I asked about memory and need to do a drive clone with 64 gigs instead of the 32 that came with it.
9/6/2017
Topic:
How To Use This Topic

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
Chris. Thanks for checking in with me. I responded t your email via info@ email and PM
9/8/2017
Topic:

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
Yes it did. I responded to the other thread via info@ email and PM
9/25/2017
Topic:

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
The newest windows 10 update tried to install. It was 1.15 gB. It said it could not install due to insufficient space.
So Now I dont have enough space for updates to install and then uninstall the old data.
I feel like we are in a circular conversation.

Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Hi Tim, did this autocorrect itself? It should be cleaning up room enough to make the update automatically. Thanks!
9/25/2017
Topic:
How To Use This Topic

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
I appreciate you checking in with me, thank you!
Its been 18 days since I responded to this thread via PM and email so I will add my response to the thread.
Today I discovered that CastleOS dumped my key again. I got back from vacation and so I don’t know when that happened to it.
This happened 9/19 as well. LIghts on in the morning. So if I have to check the lights every might why not just turn them off myself?
It doesn’t recognize all of my lightify lights. I have uninstalled them 3 times and tried to get Castle to see them by enabling Lightify after that. In addition, I can not control lightify at all from the Castle menu. It will not turn on/ off or change colors on the lights let alone use them in any event etc…
On 9/20/2017 I added a simple event. Turn on a lamp module every night at sunset. No conditions. It has never worked. It works with the insteon app though.
The portal active screen always shows a garage lightify light on even when its physically off or on for that matter. I try to turn it off under devices and it just turns back on even though the light is off. I thought that since CastleOS has dumped my license a couple of times and I had to reactivate lightify, insteon and zwave that these would reinstall the right way but they have not.

I have given up on the locks as I stated in the thread but I do think it’s the locks and not a castle issue.
Insteon works great and I recommend it to everyone.

CastleOS will not change to away mode in any of my events as a condition.

I use a 6 button insteon scene controller to activate a lamp module called away, and use that trigger to activate scenes.
I turn off the button to deactivate the trigger in events thereby deactivating the scenes.

I sure wish I could use my ecobee in these events and hope that the new release helps.
I keep hearing about it but dont know when it is expected.
WIndows will not install 1.15gB of updates saying that it does not have room for it. So I cant even get updates anyore bringing us back to
our circular discussion on the type of flash memory to get to clone the c drive.
9/25/2017
Topic:

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
Today I discovered that CastleOS dumped my key again. I got back rom vacation and so I don’t know when that happened to it.

It doesn’t recognize all of my lightify lights. I have uninstalled them 3 times and tried to get Castle to see them by enabling Lightify after that. In addition, I can not control lightify at all from the Castle menu. It will not turn on/ off or change colors on the lights let alone use them in any event etc…

The portal active screen always shows a garage lightify light on even when its physically off or on for that matter. I try to turn it off under devices and it just turns back on even though the light is off. I thought that since CastleOS has dumped my license a couple of times and I had to reactivate lightify, insteon and zwave that these would reinstall the right way but they have not.

I have given up on the locks as I stated in the thread but I do think it’s the locks and not a castle issue.
Insteon works great and I recommend it to everyone.

CastleOS will not change to away mode in any of my events as a condition.

I use a 6 button insteon scene controller to activate a lamp module called away, and use that trigger to activate scenes.
I turn off the button to deactivate the trigger in events thereby deactivating the scenes.

I sure wish I could use my ecobee in these events and hope that the new release helps.

The c drive on the CastleOS shows 2.97 gB now remaining on the C drive so I guess that OK. Thanks for the info on that one.
Still not a lot of space after windows 7 went to 10
9/25/2017
Topic:

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
2 days ago windows tried to update and it tells me I do not have enough room to download the update. I am stuck there. It gets to about 90% and it stops. I reboot etc... Sooooo I am guessing thats it!
Also I again woke up with the lights on. Castle did not turn things off again. I dumped my license keys again. This is the 4th time it has done this and yes I can reboot or just restart core and it works fine.
I added an even yesterday. Turn on lamp module at sunset no conditions, everyday! It will not come on. I can operate it fine with insteon and within castle as a device!
10/9/2017
Topic:
failure to provide support

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
CHris.
During the summer I was without my hub for a total of 58 days waiting for support after posting questions and requesting help.
I have again posted questions requesting help again 14 days ago without any response. I am pretty sure that CastleOS is suppose to provide support for me until my license expires in March?
I was sold a hub with flash "C" drive with insufficient size to accept windows 10 updates.
Nearly 2 months ago I heard that he new release was a week away so I'm not sure if that's in the works or not!
It now seems to me that this business model will not work for people who can not program their own system.
Its almost as if you wait to see what everyone has a problem with and then program each purchase one on one. That way you only need to keep up with what they need not what everything requires.
I have disconnected my hub and am having conversations on how to recoup the loses of use I incurred: now, during the summer and until my license expires.
I urge you to contact me, PM would be fine, to rectify this. (although I not only doubt if you will, but I doubt if you see this for weeks).
If you do see it I imagine you will only delete it. I am told that I still legally should have access to this website until my license expires.