efrese

all messages by user

12/5/2015
Topic:
Event Delay...?

Eric F
Eric F
Hi there,

I am trying to set up some things in Castle OS and most of it seems pretty straightforward, but I need some advice.

I have set up a Scene to turn off the Plug Module to which my Modem and Router are connected (to restart them when the internet has issues), and I thought that it would be a simple matter to setup an event to turn them back on whenever the Plug Module turns off.

The event I setup though works too well however, turning the Module back on immediately when I activate the "Off Scene", most of the time not even allowing time for the plugs power to cut out before it is back on again.

Is it possible to add in a delay of say 30 seconds or so after the plug goes off before the event kicks in and turns things back on? I would have thought this would be a simple option, but cannot seem to figure out how to get this to work.

Thank you!
edited by efrese on 12/11/2015
12/11/2015
Topic:
Chromecast Audio

Eric F
Eric F
I think it would be brilliant of you could get the Chromecast Audio (https://www.google.com/chromecast/speakers/) devices supported for audio playback.

Right now my system just talks back to me through my computers' speakers, and a setup like the Sonos speakers would obviously be ideal, but they're just so darn expensive!

With Chromecast Audio though, each room would cost only $35 + whatever speakers are on sale at the moment, which is a whole lot more affordable than Sonos.
12/15/2015
Topic:
Chromecast Audio

Eric F
Eric F
Awesome, thanks for keeping it in mind for the future Chris!
12/15/2015
Topic:
Event Delay...?

Eric F
Eric F
Wow, that is so great! I will try this out tonight and report back! Thank you so much for the speed of the feature addition!
12/17/2015
Topic:
Event Delay...?

Eric F
Eric F
Well, I finally got a chance to test it out... I found the option right where you said it would be, but alas, it does nothing when I create an event with it.

The command to turn off the device does not go through, as the delay to turn it back on does not exist. To test it further, i changed the light that gets turned on by the event to my other switch module, and when i turn off the one, the other turns on immediately, no delay...
12/21/2015
Topic:
Event Delay...?

Eric F
Eric F
Hey Wolf,

I just tried adding a new event and mine worked fine again (adding the event itself , not the time delay part), so it must be something specific to your setup, not the update
12/31/2015
Topic:
Testing the kinect

Eric F
Eric F
In addition to what Tommy said, you can also tell it to "Run Demo Script" as an option, or setup your own scripts as well.
1/14/2016
Topic:
Event Delay...?

Eric F
Eric F
Interesting, Yes of course. So its a device triggered delay, when one device (Internet) turns off, I try and set a 30 second delay, and then have the same device turn back on. Although I have tried different devices for the sake of testing, such as having the lamp turn on/off after the 30 seconds instead of the internet module and get the same immediate response to the event, no delay.
1/18/2016
Topic:
Event Delay...?

Eric F
Eric F
Thank you so much Chris! It worked flawlessly this time!
2/18/2016
Topic:
Z-Wave not Enabling

Eric F
Eric F
Whenever i try to enable zwave through settings, it reloads the page showing enabled; however if i refresh the settings page or try to navigate somewhere to operate my zwave devices, it immediately is disabled again and the devices do not respond to commands.

I updated to the latest version of castleos thinking that may help, but it did not, same symptoms persist.
edited by efrese on 2/18/2016
2/19/2016
Topic:
Z-Wave not Enabling

Eric F
Eric F
found it:

-error timestamp="2/18/2016 6:36:27 PM"

note Error initializing Z-Wave. /note

data System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal /data

message The port 'COM4' does not exist. /message

innerException/

source System /source

stackTrace at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortTransport.CommPort.Open() at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortFrame.FrameLayer.Open(String portName) at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortSession.SessionLayer.Open(String portName) at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortApplication.Devices.Device.Open(String portName) at av.g() /stackTrace

targetSite Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String) /targetSite

/error

So i tried a different USB port (com3) amd now it seems to be working again. the other one was working just last week though, any idea what would cause that? anything else i plug into that port works just fine!
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Hey Everyone, anyone having issues with Hue please download the test version in the private beta folder.

It is the one labeled "Hue Test". There may be another beta in there depending on when you look, be sure to grab the Hue test as that has Hue logging enabled. So if it doesn't work, it will at least say where it doesn't work. We've tested it with the latest Hue firmware, so we expect that where it doesn't work, it's due to network issues. But this will give us some ideas where to look.

Link to folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4ZX9h5IVCtnREk0TnZ2eldUWTQ

here is my errors log after trying to add my hue bridge with the new beta version. honestly, i cant tell what it means...
edited by efrese on 2/19/2016
2/19/2016
Topic:
Z-Wave not Enabling

Eric F
Eric F
I moved to a new port to fix the problem, but hadn't touched it before. Well at least itll be a moot problem eventually, i'll take that! im the mean time if it happens again ill just change ports again!

Thanks Chris!
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
ahhh okay, that makes more sense now haha :p

thanks for looking into it Chris!

Let me know if there's anything you want me to try!
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
I just uploaded a new Hue Test version to the Beta folder. Can you give that a try and see what output it gives? I'm expecting some more hue related log entries, and no Z-Wave log entries smile

Here you go sir. It is pretty much as you said, it finds the bridge but can't see any of the lights on it...

I have 6 BR30 Color lights on it right now, and am able to control them all fine through the Hue app (three are on right now, the other 3 are off)
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Can you enter http://10.0.0.7/api/CastleOSAppKey/lights into your browser and copy the output here please?

[{"error":{"type":1,"address":"/lights","description":"unauthorized user"}}]
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Okay, so we are now disabled...

going to do the button-enable-button connection again here...
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
alright did the button-enable-button, the page is just spinning though; never taken this long before
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Oh there it went. Okay, showing enabled in settings again, but the browser test still produces:

{"error":{"type":1,"address":"/lights","description":"unauthorized user"}}]
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Yes, I believe so, though to be honest I never understood what that did. I have in my settings the option to "Log out my Hue", but thats the only thing I see now mentioning it