aroop

all messages by user

11/11/2015
Topic:
Amazon Echo

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Chris
Looks like few home automation controllers like smartthings & wink are already compatible with echo. It looks like smartthings & wink are integrated because they are running in the cloud.

Do you think we can integrate Echo with CastleOs/CastleHub by exposing CastleOs/CastleHub to internet?
11/17/2015
Topic:
Remote login using team viewer

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Hi,

I just opened by castlehub(headless mode) today added few insteon devices using the castleos website.

Now I am trying to login into Windows to make sure that it has all the necessary updates etc.

I read in the change logs and elsewhere that we can use teamviewer. Is it really there? If yes how can I use it?
11/17/2015
Topic:

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Thanks Chris for the info. I was under the impression that I could use Windows from a remote computer using teamviewer or Windows Remote Desktop.

Right now my hub is in garage and don't have monitor access there. Let me see what I can do
11/17/2015
Topic:
Security issue with email and sms setup

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Hi,

Today I tried to setup Email and Sms for my castleos/hub. I tried to send a test email and google instead of sending the test email it sent me a security warning.

I selected use ssl/tsl option and entered 587 as the port no before saving my email settings and sending a test email, but I do not see ssl option selected after page refresh.

Message from google:
-------------

Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account
abcdefgh@gmail.comfrom an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:14 AM (Pacific Standard Time)
City, State, USA*
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:
11/17/2015
Topic:
Squeezebox Support

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
I run slimserver on a mac mini which is the software thats used in squeezebox. Using this software I run whole house audio(zoned or synced). It would be awesome if I caslteOs can support slimserver to play music.
11/17/2015
Topic:
Insteon issues

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
I also had the same issue with insteon. I had to change i2cs to i2 to make it work.

I am also running a trail version of Indigo 6 on mac mini and insteon is responding without any delay or issue. That rules out any hardware issue. I guess insteon drivers or castle os on my hub needs to be optimized.
11/19/2015
Topic:

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
It would been nice if castleHub comes with Remote Desktop enabled by default.
11/19/2015
Topic:
Insteon issues

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
I'm trying to track down why the engine version isn't reporting correctly. It does not appear to happen with every device. I'll update as I know more...

That said, the actual speed of sending messages to the INSTEON devices on the CastleHUB and Indigo should be virtually identical (and virtually instantaneous), if you're getting a big diversion between the two something isn't right...

If you want to debug in my environment I can send a support request
11/21/2015
Topic:
Insteon issues

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Ajay Guthikonda wrote:

If you want to debug in my environment I can send a support request

Sure, but one more question before I do, are you using the INSTEON hub or USB adapter?

USB adapter
11/26/2015
Topic:
Amazon Echo

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
B wrote:
There is a project on git hub called the armzilla-echo-ha-bridge. I have been able to add directv functionality to the echo as well as arduino with my garage door. could CastleOS work with this so that the pi sends off custom urls to control castleOS?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVYc-xtAZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzA2KRIv-9Q

Based on my understanding it should be possible with echo-ha-bridge. I was planning to play with this once castleOS API is released.
11/30/2015
Topic:
IFTTT Integration?

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Hey Michael! We've looked at it and have a preliminary plan for implementation, no time frame yet though, stay tuned!

Any progress in this area. Probably we can use IFTTT to integrate with amazon echo.
1/21/2016
Topic:
Windows update failing on hub

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
Looks like hub is trying to install Windows 10 Home, version 10586 and its failing because of lack of disk space.

This update needs about 8.5GB and I guess hub has about 4GB available space.

Except for TeamViewer I did not install any new software.

Is there anything we can do about it?
edited by aroop on 1/21/2016
edited by aroop on 1/21/2016
1/21/2016
Topic:
Windows update failing on hub

Ajay Guthikonda
Ajay Guthikonda
I see a bunch of updates installed today and 16th of this month. Restarted hub and tried windows update with no luck.

May be the patch is still now available for my hub. I will report back in couple of days if the issue is still there