LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

rpiwally

all messages by user

3/3/2016
Topic:
Thoughts on Harman Kardon Omni 10 wifi speakers?

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Why not just get Bluetooth speakers. Basic ones are as cheap as $15.
3/3/2016
Topic:
Multisensor Settings

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Can you add the parameter changing to the Edit Device page in addition to the Z-Wave settings?
3/3/2016
Topic:
Phillips hue support

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
It won't install due to versioning. I have 1.3.2210.
3/5/2016
Topic:
API

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Chris, can you post a quick http example call to turn a group named Group1 to on as well as another to check whether Group1 is on? Thanks.
3/9/2016
Topic:
No Support for Aeon Lab's 6 in 1 sensor?

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
I have the full reporting with my Gen5 AeoTec 6-in-1 multisensor. I am using the Gen5 Z-Stick and double-clicked when joining (this enables the encryption). If you don't have the Gen5 stick, MAKE SURE TO ONLY CLICK ONCE when joining. I hope this may help.
edited by rpiwally on 3/9/2016
3/11/2016
Topic:
API

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Chris, if you can get some of the basic REST commands up, I can extrapolate proper use of the others. Some examples are a group or device or scene toggle and status of the same. Given this, I can give a prelim dashboard interface that incorporates weather, traffic, newsfeeds, CastleOS controls, and full Sonos control that is along the lines of Dashing.
edited by rpiwally on 3/11/2016
3/12/2016
Topic:
Bluetooth functionality dead.

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Try reinstalling the Bluetooth driver.
3/12/2016
Topic:
Power costs

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Quick request to add a third time period for power consumption costs e.g. on-peak, off-peak, and super off-peak rates. Also, is it possible to do a split year rate structure e.g. winter rates and summer rates for each?

Thanks.
3/17/2016
Topic:
WCF Authentication

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Alright, so here's what I did. You're the first to get this! Though I'll be publishing it on the upcoming "developers" page too. I just made an API that you can plug directly into any C# project. Included is a sample app. You'll see in the folder is a dll named "CastleOS_API.dll". That is the key piece that allows you to simply call API methods, rather than recreate the wheel. You'll need to add that dll as a reference to any project you want to use it in.

Along with that, you'll system.serviceModel in the app.config. Make sure you copy this section to any app.config you build for custom apps, without it, the DLL won't work.

From there, in program.cs is a very basic example of authentication. It calls one sample method, but you can all any method you'd like from there.

Let me know if you have any questions!
edited by ccicchitelli on 3/13/2016

This is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks for posting this! One request, can you repackage the dll to support .Net Core for Win 10 apps?

Mike
edited by rpiwally on 3/17/2016
4/22/2016
Topic:
Sensor status

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Chris,

I am finally getting back around to using the sensors I purchased. While my Aeotec Multisensor 6 seems to work all around, my Aeotec water sensor, Ecolink tilt sensor, and Ecolink motion detector are having issues. All added to the system with no issues, but refuse to update. I have a Gen5 Z-Stick. Could this be the reason?

Mike
edited by rpiwally on 4/22/2016
4/24/2016
Topic:
Sensor status

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Water sensor; Put it in a quarter inch of water. No dice. Interesting thing is my multisensor 6 works perfectly, but other sensors not so much.
4/30/2016
Topic:
disabled veteran - independent living

Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace
Tim,

CastleOS is setup to easily allow you to program any *specific* phrase to pretty much do what you want. However, without any computer programming, you can at least trigger a scene to occur when saying "lights on". You could for example have a scene trigger that turns on both your lights and fan. I recommend downloading both the Core and Kinect services to play around with it. You can see many of the features even without adding any devices to CastleOS. CastleOS uses Microsoft Kinects as a mic. If you go on ebay and search Kinect 1414, you can find them uber cheap ($30ish). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Oh and fly Navy :P

Cheers,
Mike