salekinp

all messages by user

8/1/2015
Topic:
Z-Wave

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
Chris Cicchitelli
I am looking into getting Z-wave USB stick for the hub. Which is recommended for Canada
8/6/2015
Topic:
Z-Wave

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
do you mean this one?
http://aeotec.com/z-wave-usb-stick

Looks like it is only available in France and the UK

Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Peter Salekin wrote:
Chris Cicchitelli
I am looking into getting Z-wave USB stick for the hub. Which is recommended for Canada

The US and Canada use the same frequency for Z-Wave, so you can pick any we have available in North America. The new Aeotec Gen5 radio is always a good choice.
11/12/2015
Topic:
CastleHUB licence

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
In my HUB in the About CastleOS screen I see
Current activation status: Trial Expired
Upgrade subscription: no subscription

I thought I get a full licence with the HUB!
11/25/2015
Topic:
CastleHUB licence

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
Yes, got it and it is now activated. Thanks
11/30/2015
Topic:
Nest 3rd Gen Thermostat supported?

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
Is the Nest 3rd Gen Thermostat supported?...it is not listed in your compatible device, 1rst and 2nd are.
thanks
edited by salekinp on 11/30/2015
12/1/2015
Topic:
HUB and WeMo problems

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
Got a new wemo insight switch and a new Castle hub and was trying to get them to work. Can see and operate the wemo in their app no problem. The hub does not see it in the portal screen. When I hook a monitor and mouse to the hub, I can see the wemo as a device in windows network. I also can ping the wemo from windows command prompt
Another problem in the COS settings screen under network it shows Ethernet not connected. Under windows it is connected.
Any help would be appreciated.
12/2/2015
Topic:
HUB and WeMo problems

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
Great to hear that you are working on this, how about my second problem.

"Another problem in the COS settings screen under network it shows Ethernet not connected. Under windows it is connected"
12/3/2015
Topic:
HUB and WeMo problems

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
correct
12/4/2015
Topic:
HUB and WeMo problems

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
Yes ethernet is fine on the hub. I can turn on and off the wifi and CastleOS reflects that. But it just does not want to show ethernet status. Will see what the next update does for this.
3/3/2016
Topic:
HUB and WeMo problems

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
I started this thread and have basically given up on wemo with my COS HUB. If you want to start a remote service on My HUB to debug the problem, that would be great. I have nothing set up on it other than the wemo and a Hue bridge. (currently using the othrer manufacturer app)
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
The issue we're seeing with some devices isn't detecting them on the network, but rather loading their device properties due to malformed UPnP formatting on the WeMo firmware. We've yet to get a straight answer from WeMo on this, but right now my best hunch is this is a firmware issue that doesn't affect all device across the board (all of our test devices work fine, but it's (mostly) hit or miss for users). I'd be happy to use your devices to do some more debugging to see what kind of workaround we can do...
edited by ccicchitelli on 3/2/2016
3/3/2016
Topic:
HUB and WeMo problems

Peter Salekin
Peter Salekin
ok created the request, you can play with the wemo insight switch as nothing is connected to it.
Peter Salekin

Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Can you generate a remote support request and leave it open? That way we can pop in and out to do some testing. We're really trying to narrow down the cause of this network wise. We know what's wrong with WeMo's firmware, but not why that only matters on some networks and not others.