CASTLEOS FORUM

brittjohnston

all messages by user

10/8/2016
Topic:
Reinstalling Windows on your CastleOS Hub

Britt Johnston
Britt Johnston
Windows 10 Anniversary Update would not install on the existing CastleHUB 32GB SSD that came with the unit I purchased so I used an old 80GB SSD that I had (you can buy them new for about $40). To install, shutdown, remove the cover, slip the SSD in the slot at the top and use the screw (taped to the top of the cover) to secure the SSD. After a backup, I removed the license key from CastleOS, booted into USB media with the latest Windows 10 Home software on it, reinstalled Windows 10 on the new SSD (windows activated automatically), and reinstalled the original license key into CastleOS (Menu->About CastleOS) - smooth process (see another Forum post for details on how to move your configuration if needed). Once done you can reformat the original 32GB SSD and use it to store a backup.

I had one hardware issue after the install, the driver for USB2.0-CSW was not automatically installed, from support.windows.com the suggested location for the driver in question was http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Thought I would share.

Britt...
10/9/2016
Topic:
Insteon Activation

Britt Johnston
Britt Johnston
Installed Beta, I am not able to get the 2245-222 Hub connected even with credentials printed on the hub? What does Save versus Link Device do? Clicking on Save appears to clear the password (not sure what it is actually doing), Link Device doesn't seem to do anything.
10/9/2016
Topic:
Insteon Activation

Britt Johnston
Britt Johnston
Manually connecting to the hub using a browser with the ip:port and providing credentials on the label proves I have the right ip and credentials. I can't see CastleOS connecting to the hub. I'm assuming you're using port 25105, otherwise is there a log I can look at?

Britt...
10/9/2016
Topic:
Reinstalling Windows on your CastleOS Hub

Britt Johnston
Britt Johnston
BTW, change the computer name before you put in the license key the first time, otherwise you need to deactivate and reenter the key.
10/9/2016
Topic:
Insteon Activation

Britt Johnston
Britt Johnston
I stopped the core service, cleared the insteon related XML (enabled="false") and restarted, reentered all the insteon details, hit save which I verified saved the details in the configuration.xml file. Then I enabled insteon and no feedback and no errors.

A few hours later I see this in the log: "INSTEON Hub comms: received invalid buffer status: "
Followed immediately by a: "malformed bufferstatus.xml" exception from the core service.

Britt...
10/15/2016
Topic:
Insteon Activation

Britt Johnston
Britt Johnston
Latest beta bits still getting PLM ID is not loaded. Info from hub is:
INSTEON HUB2 Details
Hub2-V04-20140904
PLM Version:9F
Firmware:1010 Build May 18 2016 09:51:34
Insteon ID:39.23.AC

For device control visit connect.insteon.com
User Manual
Technical Support

Only errors in log have to do with: Error during AddPortMapping action invocation

Thanks,
Britt...