LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Castle OS cannot install Messages in this topic - RSS

Chris Stack
Chris Stack

12/22/2016
Chris Stack
Chris Stack
thanks, ill try that one and let you know how it works.
0 link
Chris Stack
Chris Stack

12/22/2016
Chris Stack
Chris Stack
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Well I don't know what Windows is throwing that error for you, but I know how to bypass it. I just put a new installer in the beta folder. So long as SSDP Discovery service is running, it shouldn't affect CastleOS' operations. This new installer will continue the install even after the error is thrown.

I just tried the new installer you placed in the google drive folder, and got the same results, on both systems. I am sufficiently baffeled as well. i think I am gonna have to sleep on this one. thanks for all the help
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/22/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Was it this same error, dll_3?

Product: CastleOS Core Service -- Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CoreServiceSetupCustomActions.CA.dll_3, entry: StartSSDPDiscovery, library: C:\Users\Allison\AppData\Local\Temp\Core Service Setup Custom Actions.CA.dll
0 link
Chris Stack
Chris Stack

12/22/2016
Chris Stack
Chris Stack
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Was it this same error, dll_3?

Product: CastleOS Core Service -- Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CoreServiceSetupCustomActions.CA.dll_3, entry: StartSSDPDiscovery, library: C:\Users\Allison\AppData\Local\Temp\Core Service Setup Custom Actions.CA.dll

Thats the one.

Just a thought, could this be cause by having CastleOS running on another computer on the same network while trying to install?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/22/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
No, this error is indicating issues on the local system, but considering the service it is, it could be due to the network. But you tested starting and stopping the service and that worked, so I'm not sure the cause.
0 link