LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Somfy ZRTSI Z-Wave to RTS Messages in this topic - RSS

Tommy Long
Tommy Long

10/22/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Beta 1.3.3079 still has this problem.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

10/22/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
The issue is I can't figure out why this one device is reporting this way. If I simply do that inversion, it will be wrong for every other Z-Wave device that dims.

I'm wondering if there is a device setting that can be changed?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

10/22/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Just to confirm, if you set the shade to 55%, it does go to 55%, not 37%, right? It just reports it as 37?
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

10/22/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Yes it does move to 55%. Here is the sequence: Set the shade to 55%, the log reports "Updated status to 55", and the shade moves to ~55% open after about 9 seconds. When it stops, the log reports "Updated status to 36". Then the GUI shows the shade as "Open" showing "36%" or "35%" depending on GUI page.
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

10/22/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
BTW, the Device Type is configured as "Dimmer Switch" which is how it was discovered. Should I change it to "Blinds/Curtains"?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

10/22/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
That will change your GUI switch from ON/OFF to OPN/CLD, but nothing else.

I just posted an update to the beta folder with a proposed fix for this, can you try it out and let me know how it goes? Thanks!!
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

10/24/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Beta 1.3.3081 seems to have fixed this. I now see the logs showing a decimal value being reported, and the GUI is showing correctly as well. I did notice once or twice the GUI showing a blank percentage, but couldn't repeat it consistently.

BTW, when I first "included" the shades into the CoS ZWave network, I could see the battery life of the shades being reported by the GUI. I seldom if ever have seen it again. Don't know if this is a device reporting problem or a GUI problem, but would be nice to have this showing in the GUI.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

10/24/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
It's likely a GUI issue, in the configuration.xml file, does the device have a batteryLevel field?

Should be noted that a battery minder is planned, so the system will track battery status and alert you as needed, rather than having you monitor the GUI for it.
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

10/24/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Yes it does. It shows device batteryLevel="0"
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

10/24/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Likely got reset at some point (possibly due to beta update) and needs to wait for the next battery report to come from the device...
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

11/2/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Mnior bug to report for 1.3.3086. The Shades are actually closed/off but I noticed the following
Under the GUI->Devices it is showing as "ON" but dimmer level is blank.
Under the GUI Portal->Actives it is not showing up (thinks its OFF)
Under the GUI Portal->Favorites (I have the shades here) it is showing "ON" but dimmer level is blank.
REST API thinks the shades are OFF.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Tommy, I'm looking at this but why is it showing as ON/OFF instead of OPN/CLD? Is this device type set as a blinds/curtains?
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

11/4/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Hi Chris, I have not yet set it to blinds/curtain....
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
OK. Let's set it to that to be sure. Might be the same result. I think the live update my be setting that property backwards (which is why actives is right, but favs and devices is not). Easy fix, but I don't have that device here to test to be sure...
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

11/4/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Well, I uncovered a different bug. I set it to blinds/shades, did a save and went to any GUI where this device can be found and the buttons disappeared (no buttons to turn on/off open/close no dimmer level....nothing). Went to re-edit this device and saw that it shows the type as "other". Have set it back to "Dimmer Switch" and I now have the buttons back.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/4/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Update: this has been fixed.
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

11/5/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
- 1st bug: When set as Dimmer Switch
  • When shades are set to fully closed, all the GUI's are consistent showing OFF. On one occasion I did observe in GUI->Favorites seeing CoS auto change the button from showing OFF to ON even though nothing changed.
  • When shades are set to open, all the GUIs are consistent showing ON along with the appropriate dimmer level; however the GUI->Actives after some period of time does forget that it is still ON and drops the shades from the list, while all the other GUIs continue to show the shades as ON.

- Second bug. When set to blinds/curtains:
  • The buttons are now back as well as the dimmer selector. The dimmer selector works fine. But the button wants to stay OPN all the time and doesn't allow me to control the shades. I move the button to the CLD position, and it moves to CLD for about 1 second and then moves back to the OPN position. I did this in both cases where the shades start out actually fully open or fully closed and got the same result/behavior.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/5/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Thanks for the report! Regarding the Actives display, that hasn't been updated to support curtains really, as an overhaul/redesign is coming for that...

Regarding the button moving back, does that stay like that after the shade has finished moving? It's possible that the shade hasn't reported the status change yet?
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

11/5/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
2nd bug - The shade is not moving when the button moves back.
1st bug - Just had it happen again where after several minutes the button auto changed from OFF to ON even though there was no change.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/5/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
OK this is likely related to the other status lost bug...
0 link