HomeBug Reports

A forum topic for reporting bugs and other issues with CastleOS

Event Duplication WTF Messages in this topic - RSS

Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

11/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
In troubleshooting why CastleOS has been pegging the CPU of the hub and hanging, I have found that all of my events in the system have some how replicated themselves. I have between 14 and 25+ copies of every event. It would appear that all copies of them are trying to fire off when the condition is met and that may be responsible for CastleOS pegging the CPU and not recovering (maybe a race?).

The bigger issues for me are:
1. Why are my event replicating themselves?

2. How on earth am I supposed to clean up this crazy state if I have to delete each event individually, then click "ok" on the dialog (I do not want to disable the "are you sure" dialog forever), and then click "edit another event button". Each click waiting for the web client to load the next page. I really do not want to spend my Sunday deleting duplicate events.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey ATD, are you on the latest beta? It has a fix for that. There is a condition where it prevents the update from happening correctly, and the replication happens, but only when events were configured with certain options. The way to fix in bulk is to stop the CastleOS Core Service and edit the configuration.xml file manually. While the service is stopped, you can install the latest beta (on the download page). Thanks and sorry about that!
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

11/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Hey Chris,

I think I have the latest beta. At least, I had the banner notification a while back and did the update. I no longer have the banner notification. Settings -> About CastleOS lists Version 1.3.3301 (2.0 RC) with a Build Date of 10/8/2017.

I did get the attached error during install, but rebooted and reran the installer with no errors.

Thank you for the configuration.xml tip. I have cleaned up my duplicate events.

Attachments:
Install Error.bmp
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
OK thanks! That error is something else. For the duplicate events, I would presume that happened before the update..
0 link