HomeFeature Suggestions

A forum topic for suggesting new features for CastleOS

Additional Yale Lock Triggers Messages in this topic - RSS

Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/30/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I have the ZWave Yale Locks connected to COS and enjoy the remote lock/unlock functions. I also noticed that the Yale Locks report to the log not only when the lock or unlock, but also whether that action was done at the cylinder or via zwave. It also sends a log report if their is a deadbolt jam detected. This last one really interested me, and I was hoping to add a triggered event to text me whenever a lock reported a possible jam event.

Here is the scenario: I go to leave the house and lock the deadbolt on my way out the door (technically, I start the locking event and walk away trusting that the door will lock). However, as I am walking away the deadbolt detects a possible jam situation and attempts to self-correct. COS is informed of the jam and texts me as I am getting into the car. Before I drive away I receive the text and can go check the door to verify it did indeed lock properly.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

9/3/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
What I did for this is added a generic "has fault" flag. This is in-memory only, it's not persisted so it's gone on the next refresh, which his usually just a couple seconds. Just long enough to trigger an event if needed. However, my lock doesn't report this value, so I haven't tested it. That said, I am setting the flag where that message is logged. Thanks for the suggestion!!
0 link