LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

help from 6/14 maybe posted in the wrong area Messages in this topic - RSS

Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson

7/17/2017
Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
Well..... last night after our session castleOS did not automatically operate my door locks as per the event planned. I logged on and went to the event tab and saw that the event that you worked with before with me had begun its circular repeating again.
If you recall it was using ALL of my CPU and for some reason adding events for living room fan if 77 degrees, at 9AM checking every hour to see if it was 77 degrees.
I need this to go away again, obviously so I can use CastleOS.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

7/17/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Tim, I don't understand what you mean by adding Events? CastleOS can't add events on it's own, it would have to be inputted either through the GUI or through the API. What happens when you clear out the extraneous events?
0 link
Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson

7/17/2017
Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
You did a work around on this the last time and told me on the next release you would include it. Every hour that my event checks to see if its 79 degrees so it can turn on the living room fan it adds an event to the events tab. I have a few hundred of them listed. It looks like I added the lame event a few hundred times.
0 link
Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson

7/17/2017
Tim Bateson
Tim Bateson
Ive tried to disable the events and delete them but its just too many. It only happens in home mode
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

7/17/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Ah yes, I have it here in my notes. It's only happening in home mode because that event only runs in home mode. If you shut down CastleOS and send me your configuration.xml file, I can manually fix it for you.
0 link