LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Q&A

Have non-support related questions? Ask them here!

Is Castle OS still actively developed? Messages in this topic - RSS

Robert Sims
Robert Sims

5/11/2017
Robert Sims
Robert Sims
I look a the website and the pages haven't been updated in years. I look at the forum and there are many, many unanswered questions. Others take forever to get an answer. Changelogs are no longer available. I have been watching and researching HA for a while and now am ready to start buying some hardware. But the compatible devices pages is one that has not been updated in a long time. It really seems as if nothing is happening with this software any more. I really would like to use Castle OS and its voice control. But should I be looking at another HA program?
edited by oscar615 on 5/11/2017
edited by oscar615 on 5/11/2017
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

5/11/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Robert, it absolutely is!! They only unanswered questions are those we haven't responded to yet from the last day or so smile We'll actually be releasing the next update in just a few days, possibly by the end of the week!

The compatible devices page says at the top it's only a snapshot of what's compatible, and it's true, there are many more devices supported than what are shown there. It could use an update though, you are right, we'll do that...

Thanks!!
0 link
Hein Hammervold
Hein Hammervold

8/17/2017
Hein Hammervold
Hein Hammervold
Hi Chris,
Can you give any update on this? There doesn't seem to be any new releases of late (latest build date is 2/8/2017).
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

8/18/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Hein, it's still coming! We're still doing internal builds (last one was yesterday), but due to the complexity of the new features coming betas are on hold until that's complete. It won't be long now though...and there is a big surprise coming!
0 link