LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Insteon Open/Close Sensor w/SwitchLink Messages in this topic - RSS

Robert Cook
Robert Cook

1/27/2017
Robert Cook
Robert Cook
Hi,
I recently installed an Insteon Open/Close sensor on a door and linked it to an Insteon SwitchLink switch. When the door is OPEN, the light turns ON and when the door is CLOSED, the light turns OFF. This works great, except when the door is left OPENED the light is ON the entire time.
Is there a way for me to configure CastleOS to sense if either the sensor is in OPEN mode or if the switch is ON for xx minutes to turn the light OFF? I was poking around in the Events area but I’m not sure how to proceed.
Thanks in advance,
Robert
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/27/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Have you tried adding an event that triggered on when the light turned on? Under the new events wizard there is an option under "Add Other Actios" to add a delay. You can create an event that triggers on the light turning on, added a delay of XX minutes, and then add the action of turning the light off. That would accomplish your goal.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/27/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Even better, you can use the EnergyEye feature that is made for this (Settings > Intelligence Features > Energy Eye). Use the switch itself as the sensor, set the timer duration, and then set the switch to turn off when the timer expires. Anytime the switch is turned on, it will turn off after the duration you set there.

You can do it in events too, if you want to do something a bit more complex, that's the way to go. But for quick and simple timers, EnergyEye is the feature to use.
0 link
Robert Cook
Robert Cook

1/27/2017
Robert Cook
Robert Cook
Excellent! Thanks guys.. I'll give those a try. Thanks so much for the quick reply!!
0 link