LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Fortrezz ZWave MIMO2 Relays Messages in this topic - RSS

Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

6/5/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Tommy, can you try creating a simple event with those channels as the trigger and see if the event runs? That way I can see if it's not being logged, or if it's not firing at all.
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

6/5/2017
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
I did try setting up an event to trigger on channel 1 going active. It did not log, nor run
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

6/5/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Then it might be sending a command other than the basic set or something similar, and CastleOS is ignoring it. I'll have to pull up the Z-Wave specs for that device and see what's it's sending...
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

6/5/2017
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

6/6/2017
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Is there a question you would like for me to ask the Fortrezz support?
Anyway, here is a companion document:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57363221555986b60e62f0f0/t/5919d8a2c534a5e1ade94384/1494866089142/User+Manual+MIMO2%2B+8May2017+removed+MI+address.pdf

I'm guessing that CastleOS only supports Lifeline association Group (Group 1).
According to the reference docs, for Group 1:
Endpoint/Channel 1 (which is SIG1 input I'm using) will send to Group 1 a "Multilevel Sensor Report, Multichannel" command class.
It will sends when the SIG1 trigger occurs or periodically (every 20 mins).
The Multilevel sensor Report (COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL) will contain type "General purpose" and some A/D converter value
that I guess CastleOS would have to interpret as active/inactive.
The Multichannel command class (COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V3) I can't find any more information about.

Now if CastleOS can support Group2, then the Basic Set can be used and only sent when triggered (not periodically). Is there a way to do this?
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

6/10/2017
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Mysterious Info: I played with the MIMO2+ device itself some more but not luck. Then I rebooted Windows/CoS and could not get CoS to activate the relays. I next excluded the MIMO2+ and then included it back. CoS came back:
Sensor Multilevel:6 is a multichannel device. Querying channels..... (it was previously a Sensor Multilevel:5).
Z-Wave Controller Linked to Device: Sensor Multilevel:6 (why did it increment the node number to 6 as there is no 5?)
Updated status of Sensor Multilevel:6 (Z-Wave Devices) to 100
Z-Wave Controller has Exited Inclusion Mode.

However this time, there are no button controls for channels 1-4, so can't activate the relays. CoS doesn't recognize channels. However now the one input I use now works:
Updated status of Sensor Multilevel:6 (Z-Wave Devices) to 0/100.

Can't figure out the quirks of this.
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

28 days ago
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Will there be a fix for this in the next release?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

10 days ago
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey Tommy, can we schedule a remote troubleshoot so I can test out a new version of CastleOS to see if this is resolved?

Thanks!!

P.S. yes, the node number increments, as it's assigned by the Z-Stick. It'll eventually be reused once it loops back.
0 link