LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Fortrezz ZWave MIMO2 Relays Messages in this topic - RSS

Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/25/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Assistive Tech Dad wrote:
I don't have anything hooked up to the signal inputs, so I don't think there is anything for the sensor to report. I guess my question is how to get the UI to give me multiple toggles so I can toggle the channels independently. Does that make sense?

I was under the impression the UI was. On Devices, it only shows one switch, and not the additional 2 or 4?
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/25/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I saw the parameter value should be hex, then I realized I was passing zero so it didn't matter. 🤓

These are plugged in devices' so I believe they are always listening, but later tonight I will try to open the skylight to make sure they are awake then send a parameter update.

As for the UI, it is only showing a single toggle switch. When it discovered the device it did not show any toggle switches (it detected it as a sensor). I edited the device to make it a Relay switch to get on/off, but no channel details were available. (I have since changed it again to Blinds/Drapes to get OPEN/CLOSE toggles.)
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I fixed the device parameter issue. In talking with FortrezZ they could not figure out how I could change the momentary latch duration (parameters 1 and 2) to any value 1-1E and change that behavior, but could not set it to 0. The only new data they gave me over the phone was that the value being sent by the controller must by 1 byte. So on a whim I tried setting the parameter value first to "0x00" which CastleOS UI did not like, so I tried "00". Strangely that worked as expected. I don't know why a Parameter Configuration Value of "0" is being treated differently than "00", but that is the root of my problem here. The MIMO2 relays are latching as expected now.

Now I just have the UI problem of the MIMO2 devices are not being seen by CastleOS as a multi-channel device. Is there a may I can manually change something to get the multichannel UI?

As a side note, would it be possible for the Configuration Value field under Set Configuration Value for ZWave devices to accept the "0x??" hex notation? Maybe even require it as a way to help avoid mistakes from us users accidentally entering decimal values. This would give us a bit more control over the byte structure being sent. Just a thought.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
For zero, 0 is the integer value. 00 is the HEX value.

Now for the multichannel, that should be auto detected when you add the device. I added a log line to see if I can get some diagnostic info and put a build in the beta folder. If it's receiving the multi channel report from the device, in the log in the app it should say "Received End Point Report:" followed by the number of channels. You'll have to remove the device and then add it back again (that won't change any of the config settings you have set on the device).
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I did not see that in the log (see attached screenshot). Also, upgrading to this latest patch seems to have broken sending open/close to the device.

0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hmm, so it's not replying with a report that we expect. Let me check the documentation some more. The open/close shouldn't be affected, that code didn't change, it must be related to the unlink/link. Also, make sure you pick curtains, if you choose barrier it will say open close but also send the open close commands rather than on/off.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Strange. Never mind about not sending on/off. It appears I was on a cached version of the Devices page. As soon as I refreshed, I was getting the error page that Core Services was not running. Rebooting the hub seemed to fix everything. I looked into errors.xml to see if I could find a reason for the crash, but instead I found some errors that might be relevant to the multi-channel issue (attached).

Attachments:
Errors[1].xml
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I just posted another build, with more logging from further up the stack. This should show at what step it's going awry.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Looks like it sees it as a multi-channel device but something happens when querying the channels. Attaching log screenshot and errors.xml. Looks like a Null Reference in the ZWave stack puts a stop to the channel query.

0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
OK to be sure this isn't some sort of race condition, I posted a build that runs the multi channel discovery in a delayed task. Let's see if that changes anything.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
No change.

0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/26/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
New build posted. That error is leading to a mismatch with a command class version number.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
New build posted. That error is leading to a mismatch with a command class version number.

Success! I feel like we are about 98% there. It auto detects the device as a multi channel multisensor with four endpoints. This makes sense since endpoint One is an input signal. I edit the device to rename it, change it to a blind/drapery device (to get open/close UI), and rename the channel 3 and 4 (what I believe are the two relay endpoints).

When I toggle the device UI open/close button, relay one (channel 3) toggles appropriately on the physical device. However, when I toggle the individual channel UI open/close buttons nothing seems to happen. This is my first multi channel Z wave device on the system so I could be misunderstanding how the UI is supposed to work.

Thanks again for such a quick turnaround on getting me to this point.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/27/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I believe I have this sorted out. I've posted another build to the beta folder, please let me know if the channel buttons work as expected.

Also note that a long press on a device tile that has multiple channels will open the channel control popup on the Portal in this build. A single press will turn the master device on or off (how that behaves with the channels depends on the device). The Devices list is unchanged as that UI already supported the channels. Thanks!
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/30/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I am looking to install the latest patch, 1.3.3160; however, I get the "another version of this product is already installed" error. It tells me I need to use add/remove programs to remove the existing version so I can install the new version. How can I uninstall the existing version of CastkeOS Core Services without losing all of my devices, events, and other settings?

EDIT - According to the About CastleOS section I already have version 1.3.3160 (2.0 RC) installed. The last beta build I installed myself should have been 1.3.3 159, at least according to the version of the installer. Was there aN update pushed out over the weekend? I will go ahead and try removing and adding one of my MIMO2s to see if it includes your multichannel patch.
edited by Assistive Tech Dad on 1/30/2017

EDIT #2 - It appears I did get your update pushed down to me over this weekend. Your change to the multichannel devices now has my MIMO2 relays working beautifully as expected. I did not even have to remove and then re-add the device, it just started working as expected. 🤓
edited by Assistive Tech Dad on 1/30/2017
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/30/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Fantasic smile If you don't mind doing me one favor, when you get a chance, try removing and readding the device anyways. I want to ensure it's readded correctly again.

That update has two changes actually. The one you've noticed, and also one to sort out the command class version differences. The multi channel device we have here for testing is version 2, but that MIMO device is version 4. I think I have it now where both are supported without issue, but just wanted to double check. Thanks!!
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

5/14/2017
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Hi, I'm thinking of using this device for an upcoming project, primarily the inputs. Do you think there are issues enough that I should avoid using it?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

5/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Nope, all set now. See edit #2 in the comment 2 up from 1/30/17.
Thanks!!
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

5/17/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Tommy Long wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking of using this device for an upcoming project, primarily the inputs. Do you think there are issues enough that I should avoid using it?

I have not used the inputs myself. Chris is right that the units are now working great with CastleOS. I have one bad unit from Fortrezz I still have to get fixed (the program button seems to not be working). Other than that they work as expected.
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

6/5/2017
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
I've successfully added Fortrezz MIMO2+ to CastleOS. It shows up under ZWave group and CastleOS has given it
4 on/off buttons corresponding to channels 1,2,3,4.
I can control the 2 relays via channels 3 and 4 which is correct as channels 3 and 4 correspond to the output relays.
The relays are setup out of the box for momentary on and when I tell CastleOS to turn a relay on,
you hear it click twice along with the LED blinking on then off.

The inputs are a different story. The inputs are channels 1 and 2. By default the input LEDs are On. When I short one of the inputs, the LED turns off indicating a change in status. However I don't get any logs from CastleOS indicating a change. When I unshort one of the inputs, the LED turns back on. Again no logs from CastleOS indicating a change.
0 link