LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Fortrezz ZWave MIMO2 Relays Messages in this topic - RSS

Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/24/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I am having trouble getting the FortrezZ MIMO2 relays enrolled and operating in my system. When I enrolled him in the network they show up as multi level sensors with four different channels. All four channels can be toggled as dimmers, so on/off/dim percentage. Talking to FortrezZ, two of those channels are sensor channels and two are relays. However, turning on any of the four channels Castle sees does not result in toggling the relays. FortrezZ says they are ZWave certified for interop, but that the controller needs to support the recent multichannel stack. Am I correct in understanding that CastleOS 2.0 includes that feature?

I am trying to build a bridge between CastleOS and my Velux skylights. Thanks.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Yes CastleOS does multi channel, but I'm unfamiliar with that device. I could see the two sensor channels not responding, but the two relay channels should be. Do you have any Z-Wave documentation for that device?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Could it be the relay configuration on the device itself needs to be changed?

http://new.fortrezz.com/index.php/component/jdownloads/send/2-user-manuals/91-mimo2-config-manual
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/24/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
It looks like you found the technical docs I know about. I don't think the relay needs to be reconfigured from out of the box, at least not to be able to hear the relay click as it toggles. What is really strange is that after I included the device in the ZWave network, I started to get "selected node is not linked to the controller" errors in the log. I have tried to remove the device from the network but I am on able to get it to remove. Cycling the power at the device shows me an LED status blank that says the device thinks it's part of the Z wave network. Now none of my other Z wave devices are responding or communicating with CastleOS. In the case of my kids' nightlights, I am seeing the logs of CastleOS sending the signal but the nightlights are not responding. In the case of my Z wave locks and water main shutoff valve, I'm not even seeing CastleOS log that it's sending the lock/unlock request.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/24/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Great, thanks for that link. I'm curious, is it possible for you to change the state of the relay outside of CastleOS, to see if CastleOS is updating the status accordingly? I have a hunch it may be sending the wrong command when you press on/off in CastleOS, but it should be able to receive the status updates properly.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Is Z-Wave currently enabled? It may have disabled itself from an error.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/24/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I have tried to reply a couple of times to this thread and keep getting:
A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$MainBodyContent$MainBodyContent$AspNetForumContentPlaceHolder$tbQuickReply="...twork.

I will keep trying. Am I able to include XML in my responses? I am trying to copy paste some error.xml content and wonder if that is causing problems.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
XML needs to be attached, can't be pasted...
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/24/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Unfortunately, there is no easy way for me to generate a signal or try to trigger the relay outside of ZWave. If it is the only troubleshooting resort left I can try to wire up a battery to the signal leads to spoof a dummy input signal, but I am weary of frying a board that way.
Yes, ZWave is enabled. I tried to request node information from all of my previously working ZWave nodes. Each resulted in a "selected node is not linked to the controller" message being generated in the log. Also of note, the log does not include the nodes' friendly names, it only uses their node IDs.
Looking at errors.xml, the last entry may be related and is around the time I was adding the FortrezZ MIMO2 device to the network.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I've never seen that error before. Have you restarted the CastleOS Core Service?
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/24/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I am restarting everything right now. I wanted to attach a truncated errors.xml here. This includes all entries dated today.

Attachments:
Errors.xml
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
That's a time out error that is generated when the Z-Stick isn't replying.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/24/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
A full restarted the system seems to have fixed the Z wave knows that were previously working. However, I still have the problem with the MIMO2 device not responding.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I just changed the command being sent, and posted an update to the beta folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4ZX9h5IVCtnREk0TnZ2eldUWTQ?usp=sharing

Let's see if the relays respond now. Unfortunately I don't have any way to test it out here...
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/25/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Chris,

I was able to hear the click of the relay with this latest patch. Thanks. Now I just have to figure out how to edit the device to make it a multi channel. Upon discovery, CastleOS assumed it was a Sensor Multilevel. I edited it to make it a Relay Switch.

Thanks.
ATD
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/25/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
It already is seen as multi channel. I'm curious if any of the sensor states actually get reported though, I don't think they will.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/25/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I don't have anything hooked up to the signal inputs, so I don't think there is anything for the sensor to report. I guess my question is how to get the UI to give me multiple toggles so I can toggle the channels independently. Does that make sense?
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

1/25/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Also, I am trying to set parameter 1 and 2 to a value of 0 (zero) to change the device from a momentary relay to a permanent latch. It does not appear that setting a value of zero does anything, but i can set it to the maximum interval of 3 seconds (default is 0.5 seconds). Before I call FortrezZ and get their "we are fully certified for Z-Wave interop by the blah blah blah" response, is their anything in CastleOS that may shed some light on why this isn't sticking?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/25/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Two notes:
1) Make sure you're using the hex value, and not decimal value

2) Make sure the Z-Wave device is "awake", otherwise it may not listen for the command
0 link