The current release of CastleOS is version 1.2.1100, released on 10/15/2014. This download
includes a 30-day free trial, and can be upgraded at any time to the licensed version.
The cost of CastleOS is $199.99
We also sell all INSTEON and other automation hardware, save at least 5%
over Amazon and Smarthome! Visit our store
for a complete product listing!
CastleOS Core Service - install this first
CastleOS Kinect Service - install this second
- Android users: get the app in Google Play!
- iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch users: on iOS, CastleOS is desinged to be
used as a "web app", accessed from an icon on the home screen. In order to create
the home screen icon and save your credentials, please follow these steps
1) make sure you have completed the initial setup, and are not logged in as admin;
if logged in as admin or any other user, log out
2) now logged out, log in (if logging in does not bring you to the portal, please
logout from the security screen and log in again before proceeding to step 3)
3) after logging in and before taking any other action, such as clicking
a link, please press the create shortcut button in Safari, and select the "Add to
Home Screen" button
4) access CastleOS from the new home screen shortcut, but do not log out of either
the web app or the Safari page - doing so in either will log you out of both
5) if the login page shows when you press the home screen icon, you will need to
delete the icon and repeat steps 1-4 above
- Windows, Blackberry, and all other users: please login through
your browser of choice and create a bookmark as you normally would. Please remember
to click "remember me" when logging in!
Multi-Language Support for Kinect Voice Control
- In addition to American English, CastleOS currently supports English accents from
Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. In order to support these additional
languages, you'll need to download and install one additional file from Microsoft.
First, please ensure you have already installed either the Kinect Runtime or SDK,
as well as the text-to-speech voice. Once complete, install the file for locale
below, then install the Kinect Service. You can select your language/accent from
the Configurator after installation.